Michele Bachmann is whipping up a family favorite.
Ingredients for Meatloaf
- 1 1/2 pound fresh leanest ground beef
- Whole good sized onion finely chopped
- Whole green pepper finely chopped
- 3 celery ribs finely chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh kale finely chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh spinach finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh fine chopped parsley
- 1 egg beaten
- 3/4 cup regular dry oatmeal
- 3/4 fresh milk
- 8 oz diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. crushed tomatoes (reserve the remaining 7 oz. if needed to moisten)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp chili powder
Ingredients for Sauce
- Half a large bottle of ketchup (approximately 15 oz)
- 1/3-1/2 cup prepared mustard
- Squeeze both into smaller bowl & mix
- 5-6 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground sage
Mouth-Watering Meatloaf - Home & Family
Steps for Meatloaf
Cover meatloaf with aluminum foil. Place into oven that has been pre-heated to 350 degrees. Bake for 50 minutes.
When meatloaf is cooked, pull pan from oven, take off aluminum foil and pour off any excess fat. Spread prepared sauce (SEE RECIPE BELOW) thickly and return to oven (uncovered) for 5-10 minutes.
Pull from oven and rest for 5-10 minutes.
Steps for Sauce
Mix together and set aside until last few minutes of baking time. Serve meatloaf with baked potato, baked squash and salad.
Return to the Episode Guide >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page