Cameron Mathison is joined by his daughter, Leila, to bake their family-favorite cookies.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ½ cups sifted enriched flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
Leila and Cameron Mathison Make Sugar Cookies - Home & Family
- Cream butter. Add sugar gradually, creaming until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Sift together dry ingredients; add gradually to creamed mixture. Chill thoroughly (3 to 4 hours).
- On well-floured surface, roll to 1/8 to ¼ inch. Cut in shapes. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 375F for 6 to 8 minutes. Cool slightly on cookie sheet; remove to rack.
- Frost with colored frosting, add sprinkles, and thread twine through the holes to “string the lights”. Enjoy!