- 1 lb. lasagna noodles
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- ½ lb. ground beef
- ½ lb. Italian pork sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 24 oz. jar marinara
- 42 oz. large curd cream style cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 ½ lb. grated mozzarella
- ¼ cup chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil and add a generous pinch of salt. Cook pasta according to package directions less 2-3 minutes or until al dente. Drain the pasta and drizzle a bit of olive oil to prevent noodles from sticking together.
3. Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook ground beef and sausage until no longer pink, then drain the fat off. Return meat mixture to skillet and add garlic cook until garlic is tender, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add marinara and mix well. Allow sauce to come to a simmer while you prepare the cheese filling.
4. Combine cottage cheese, eggs, ½ cup parmesan, and parsley in a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
5. Spread a thin layer of meat sauce on the bottom of a large casserole dish. Add a single layer of lasagna noodles, a layer of ricotta mixture, and a layer of mozzarella. Repeat the layering process until the filling has reached nearly the top of the dish. Top the final layer of noodles with meat sauce, Parmesan, and mozzarella.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Then, increase temperature to 400º and bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Allow the lasagna to cool for 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley and serve.