- 1 ½ cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup 7UP soda
- 1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon or lime juice
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. 7UP soda
- ½ tsp. grated lemon or lime peel, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted or plain tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a tie, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Add flour alternately with 7UP, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer batter to pan. Bake 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For glaze, in a bowl, mix sugar, lemon juice and enough 7UP to reach desired consistency. If desired, stir in lemon peel. Drizzle over cake.
*Tip: To remove cake easily, use solid shortening to grease tube pan.
Taste of Home 7Up Pound Cake