Ingredients for Rib Rub (Mix in bowl)
- 1/3 C. brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Richard’s Famous Firecracker Garlic Salt
- 2 tsp, onion powder
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. mustard powder
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
Ingredients for Firecracker Vinegar Mop (Mix in bowl)
- 1⁄2 C. apple cider vinegar (we use Bragg’s)
- 1⁄2 C. water
- 1 teaspoon Richard’s Famous Firecracker Garlic Salt
Ingredients for Firecracker BBQ Sauce
- 1 C. ketchup
- 1⁄4 C. real maple syrup
- 1 tsp Richard’s Famous Firecracker Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar
- 2 T. Worcestershire Sauce
Directions for Ribs
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Line a shallow baking pan with parchment paper
3) Place a rack in the pan.
4) Put 1 rack of baby back ribs -- or -- bone-in country spareribs on top of the oranges and onions.. (Double the Barbecue Sauce recipe below if using two racks of baby back ribs. There should be enough rub and mop for two).
5) Brush both sides of the ribs with the Vinegar Mop.
6) Rub onto the meat the Rib Rub mixture on the top and bottom of the ribs. The more you put on, the spicier it will be. I used about a Tablespoon per side of the Rib Rub. But you can add more for extra heat. Discard any unused rub.
7) Put the ribs on the grill for a few minutes to sear and lock in flavor (optional)
8) Tightly seal the top of the baking dish with aluminum foil. You don’t want any steam to escape so the ribs will be moist. Place pan on a rack in the lower third of 350 degree oven.
9) After 1 hour, carefully open the foil (watch for hot steam) and brush more of the vinegar mop on the top of the ribs. Reseal the foil. Bake for another hour up to an hour-and-a- half, or until tender.
10) While they are baking, make the barbecue sauce.
11 Take ribs out of the oven, remove the foil and brush the sauce over the ribs.
12) Put them back in oven uncovered, broil for 15 minutes.
Directions for BBQ Sauce
1) Check the internal meat temperature, not less than about 160 degrees. The meat should be very tender. Remove foil, brush the sauce over the ribs. Turn the oven to Broil. Broil for about 15 minutes or until the sauce becomes slightly sticky but not burned or dried out.
2) You can set aside extra sauce to serve on the side, just warm it in a pan if desired.
3) Remove ribs from the oven, eat right away and have plenty of napkins on hand!
4) In the summer (or anytime in California!), the ribs could be finished on the grill instead of under the broiler.
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page