- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter, i use creamy skippy peanut butter
- 3 cups bob’s red mill gluten free 1 to 1 baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups strawberry jam or preserves or any other flavored jams
- 2/3 cups coarsely chopped roasted salted peanuts
Yield: 24 Bars
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees f. Line a 13 x 9 baking pan with aluminum foil overlapping on all sides. Spray the pan with cooking spray. I like to use coconut oil spray.
2. In a bowl of a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, add your butter and sugar and cream together.
3. Put the mixer on low speed, add the vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Put the mixer on low speed and slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture. Mix until just blended.
5. Spread 2/3 of the dough into the baking pan while pressing down with floured hands and spread over the whole bottom of the pan. Spread the jam evenly with an offset spatula over the dough. Drop small pieces of the remaining dough evenly over the jam. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and cut into squares.