Ingredients for Popcorn
- 1 cup Popcorn Kernels
- 3 tablespoons Grapeseed Oil (or another neutral oil)
- 5 tablespoon Maple Sugar
- 1 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 sprigs Rosemary
- ¼-⅓ cup Melted Butter
Ingredients for Cocktail
- 2 ounces Bourbon
- 1 ounce fresh Apple Juice or Cider
- ½ ounce fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ ounce Deep Mountain Grade B Maple Syrup
Directions for Popcorn
1) Pour the corn kernels and oil into the bottom of a large stockpot.
2) Cover the pot with a lid and put it over high heat.
3) When you hear the first few kernels popping grab the pot and gently shake it back and forth over the heat (about 3-4 inches above the burner). This keeps the corn from burning.
4) Where you hear about two seconds of silence between popping sounds you know you've popped nearly every kernel in the pot. Turn off the heat and remove the lid carefully, there will be a cloud of steam. Pour the popped corn into a large mixing bowl.
5) While the corn is popping, melt your butter in a saute pan and toss in a few rosemary sprigs. Cook the rosemary until it crisps up, but shut off the heat before the butter browns.
6) Add maple sugar, powdered sugar, salt, and pepper to a spice grinder and pulse until evenly combined.
7) Pour spice mixture over the popped corn. Toss with your hands a few times to combine.
8) Drizzle the melted butter on top and continue stirring with your hands (or tongs) until the popcorn is uniformly coated.
Ingredients for the Cocktails
1) Add bourbon, lemon juice, apple juice, and maple syrup to a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
2) Shake until well chilled, about 15 seconds, and strain into a chilled coupe.