- 275g AP Flour
- 100g Maple Sugar
- 100g Oat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¾ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¾ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
- 3 Eggs
- 125g Canola Oil (~⅔ cup)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 8 ounces Roasted Chestnuts, chopped
- Oil or cooking spray, for loaf pan
- 3 tablespoons Maple Sugar, for loaf pan
- 9x5 loaf pan
1. Heat oven to 350˚
2. In a small bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together maple syrup and eggs until color is slightly lighter (1-2 minutes).
4. Add oil and vanilla to egg mixture and continue to whisk, lightening the color some more (1-2 minutes).
5. Fold dry ingredients into wet, making sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl as you mix to break up any flour clumps.
6 Add chopped chestnuts and fold just until mixed
7. Spray 9x5 loaf pan with oil, then sprinkle remaining maple sugar into the pan. Shake pan until all surfaces are coated in maple sugar.
8. Pour batter into loaf pan.
9. Bake cake for 70-90 minutes, until a knife or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (or, measuring with a probe thermometer, the cake reaches 185˚-200˚).
10. Let cake cool in loaf pan before unmolding.
11. Serve with maple cream.