- Olive oil, for searing
- 2 pounds beef pot roast, cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups beef broth, divided
- 1 cup cooking sherry
- ½ –1 cup flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (12-ounce) bag egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Meanwhile, season pot roast with salt and pepper to taste. When oil is hot, add roast to skillet over medium-high heat and quickly sear each side. Do not overcrowd
3. the pan. Turn the meat over to sear both sides. Remove meat and set aside. Reduce heat to medium.
4. In the same skillet, combine garlic, onion, and mushrooms. Cook over medium heat until soft.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup beef broth and 1/2 - 1 cup flour. Add the remaining 3 cups beef broth to the skillet. Once the broth and veggies in the skillet are boiling, add the broth with the dissolved flour.
6. Return seared beef cubes to the. Boil gently until meat is done, 5–7 minutes.
7. Continue gently boiling and add the sour cream. Stir well to dissolve.
8. Serve beef mixture over noodles.