- 4 Portuguese sausages (Linguica) scored with a criss cross pattern
- 5 oz. ground beef (70-80% lean)
- ½ C diced Maui onions
- 2 T melted butter
- 4 Kings Hawaiian hot dog buns (or 12 dinner rolls separated into 4 connected lengths cut ¾ of the way down)
- 1 C Vermont medium hot curry sauce (see package for instructions)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. Togarashi Japanese seasoning (plus more for sprinkling on egg)
- 1 C French’s crispy fried onions
- ¼ C chopped scallions
1) Place sausages on medium high grill. Scored side down. Rotate ¼ turn every 90 seconds until internal temperature of 160º is reached. (6-8 minutes)
2) Smash onions into beef and press beef, onion side down in a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Flatten patty and cook for 90 seconds. Flip beef and cook for 30 seconds more. Use spatula to chop beef into smallish chunks. Add beef to warm curry sauce.
3) Brush melted butter on cut side of Hawaiian rolls and toast over medium heat in a nonstick pan or on a flat griddle until golden brown.
4) Combine togarashi seasoning and crispy onions
5) In a nonstick pan over medium heat fry eggs until sunny side up or desired doneness. Use ring mold or pint glass to cut round egg. Season with salt and togarashi.
Build the dog
1) Place sausage in the bun.
2) Ladle 1 ½ oz. (3T) of beef curry sauce over sausage
3) Top with ¼ c togarashi seasoned onions
4) Place egg over onions and finish with 1T of scallions per dog.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Familiy Pinterest Page