- 5-6 lb. cockles or Manila clams
- 3 cloves garlic peeled fresh – use whole cloves lightly pressed
- 1 large bunch Italian parsley
- 4 pinches red chilly flakes
- 4 Tablespoons tomato sauce Pomi Purée
- 4 Tablespoons white wine
- 1 oz. unsalted butter
- 3 oz. fish broth optional
- Reduced yellow onion optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Linguine (Recommend De Cecco Linguine #8)
- In a large pot combine 8 quarts of water. Bring to a boil, then add linguine and cook for approximately 8 minutes.
- Steam clams in a saucepan with a little bit of water until open, about 5-7 minutes. Reserve the broth.
- In a separate saucepan add olive oil, chopped parsley, chili flakes, and garlic over medium heat until sizzling.
- Add in the clams.
- Keep about 6 clams in the shells and the rest should be removed and added.
- After about 10-15 seconds add white wine, tomato sauce and butter.
- Add fish broth if needed and continue to simmer for a few seconds along with some salt and pepper.
- Remove the whole garlic cloves.
- Drain the linguine and add to the pan while reserving a ½ cup of water if needed and toss together all the ingredients.
- Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.