- 8oz flour
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Ingredients for Filling
- 32 oz. ricotta cheese container
- Zest of 2-3 lemons
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pinch of coarse pepper
Directions for Pasta
· On a flat nonstick surface add the flour and make a well in the center.
· Add the egg yolks, egg, milk, and olive oil to the center of the well.
· Gently break up the eggs with your fingers.
· Begin turning the egg mixture in a circular motion, gradually pulling in flour from the sides of the well. Continue mixing until all the flour has been incorporated and a sticky paste has formed.
· Remove dough from bowl and knead on a lightly floured surface until dough is smooth and bounces back slightly when pressed with a finger.
· Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
Once you have the dough made you get out your kitchen aid attachments and put them on your mixer. Start with the attachment that just flattens the dough. Start at level one, and then fold the dough in half. Then run it through each one up until the thickness of 5. You can then use whichever attachment you would like to make flat or round pasta or you can leave it in sheets and make ravioli. Boil water and put the pasta in for 2 min and 30 seconds. Then remove and drain.
Directions for Filling
Can freeze or freshly cook pasta for 4 minutes
Pipe into or fill ravioli (pasta dough rolled to a 5 thickness)
Sauce option A (beurre monte): 1 tbsp. water in sauté pan. Heat to simmer. Melt in 3 tbsp. butter over lowest heat.
Sauce option B (brown butter): 3 tbsp. butter in sauté pan. Sauté 1/2 sliced shallot until lightly browned over medium high heat. Squeeze 1-2 lemons into butter.
Add drizzle of olive oil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese to either one.