- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 - ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheet. Cut sixteen hearts with a floured 2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
2. In a small bowl, whisk egg and cream; brush over hearts. If desired, sprinkle with cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
3. For filling, in a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables; cook and stir until tender.
4. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Spoon into four 10-oz. ramekins or bowls; top with pastries. Yield: 4 servings.
Find more delicious recipes at Home & Family Pinterest Page
Get cooking tips, recipes and more at TasteofHome.com