Ingredients for Lamb Chops
- 24 oz Australian rack of lamb (8 ribs)
- 1 cup toasted & crushed marcona almonds
- 1 cup picked cilantro leaves
- Chermoula (recipe follows)
- Caponata (recipe follows)
Ingredients for Chermoula (1 quart)
- 6 bunches cilantro
- 1 bunch mint
- 4 bunches parsley
- 1 ½ tablespoon coriander seed toasted
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seed whole toasted
- 4 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika (not smoked)
- 1 ½ cup EVOO
Ingredients for Caponata (5 quarts)
- 4 qts diced eggplants
- 2 qts cipollini onions sliced
- 2 qts roast cherry tomatoes
- 1 qts diced piquillo peppers
- 1 cup capers
- 1 cups bloomed golden raisins
- 1 cup sliced garlic confit
- 2 tablespoon chili flake
- 3 tablespoon rough chopped thyme
- 4 tablespoon rough chopped oregano
- 1 ½ cup EVOO
- salt to taste
- ½ cup late harvest riesling vinegar
Directions for Lamb Chops
1. Season 22/24 oz Australian rack of lamb with salt and pepper. Sear rack of lamb until golden brown. Flip over, put rack of lamb in 400 degree oven for approximately 8 to 15 minutes until rack of lamb reaches 129 degrees internally. Set rack aside and let rest for 13 minutes. Then slice rack and plate.
2. For plating: make a swoosh of chermoula on middle 3rd of the plate. Then make a tight pile of caponata right next to the swoosh. Arrange rack of lamb on top of both but not completely covering everything up
3. Garnish with whole cilantro leaves and toasted/crushed marcona almonds.
Directions for Chermoula
1. Blanch and shock all herbs.
2. Rough chop herbs.
3. Toast all spices and grind separate.
4. Put all ingredients in blender and spin thoroughly.
5. Salt to taste.