- 2 cups Brown Lentils, rinsed
- 1 ½ cups Basmati Rice, rinsed and soaked for 30 minutes
- 2 cups Straight-cut Macaroni, par cooked to al dente
- 4 cups Diced White Onion
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- ¼ cup Clarified Butter
- 2 Tbl Ground Cumin
- 2 Tbl Kosher Salt
- 5 cupsvWater
1) Add rice and lentils and toast approximately 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
2) Add the cumin and the salt and stir to combine. Toast another minute or so to cook out the cumin, then add the stock.
3) Cook uncovered on a simmer until the liquid dissolves and the rice mix starts to crackle and toast on the bottom (you can stir occasionally).
4) Place in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Separately, crisp the pasta in:
1/8 cup Canola Oil
2 Tbl Unsalted Butter
¼ tsp Kosher Salt
1 Tbl Harissa
When done, add to the rice mixture and stir to combine. Pour out onto sheet pans to cool.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page