Mom, mogul, and Best-selling author Kristin Cavallari joins us from her kitchen to show us how to make delicious Almond Cherry Date Bars.
Almond Cherry Date Bars
Makes 24 Bars
Recipe Courtesy of “True Comfort: More Than 100 Cozy Recipes Free Of Gluten And Refined Sugar”
Copyright © 2020 By Kristin Cavallari. Published by Rodale Books, An Imprint Of Penguin Random House.
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 2 cups pitted dried tart cherries
- 2 cups raw almonds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ cup toasted grated coconut
Kristin Cavallari Almond Cherry Date Bars - Home & Family
Bars will forever be my travel companion — I never leave home without one in my purse. I love a bar with nuts for protein and dried fruit for a touch of sweetness. To make these last longer, throw them in the freezer and just defrost one an hour or so before you want to enjoy it.
ALMOND CHERRY DATE BARS RECIPE DIRECTIONS:
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the dates and dried cherries in a food processor and process until a sticky paste is formed, 2 minutes. Place the paste in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the almonds to the food processor and process until they are coarsely chopped. Add the almonds, cinnamon, and cardamom to the date mixture. Using your hands, knead the mixture together until combined.
- Place the paste in the center of the prepared baking sheet and press it evenly into a flat rectangular shape. Sprinkle the toasted coconut over the top and press it firmly to get it to stick.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge and chill for 15 minutes. Then remove it and cut the bar into whatever shapes and sizes you like.
- Store the bars in a ziplock bag in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer up to a month.