1. To make the brine, dissolve the salt and MSG in the water. Add the chicken pieces and marinate for 3 hours. Remove the chicken from the brine, rinse with water, and blot dry.
2. Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 300 degrees F.
3. Make the breading by combining all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then stir in the milk.
5. When the oil is hot, dip each piece of chicken in the egg and milk mixture and then press into the breading. Toss each chicken piece in the breading until well coated. Let the chicken sit for 5 minutes in the breading, gently tossing every minute or two to ensure a good coating. Gently shake off the excess breading and fry 2 to 4 pieces at a time (or whatever your fryer can hold) for 16 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown. Drain the fried chicken on a rack for at least 5 minutes before serving.
If you want to keep the chicken warm until every piece is cooked so that you
can serve it all at once, place the fried pieces on a rack on a baking sheet and keep them in your oven set to 200 degrees F.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page