- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp white cheddar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices thick sandwich bread, toasted
- 2 pounds thinly sliced turkey
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 8 slices bacon, cooked & halved crosswise
- Chopped tomatoes
- Garnish: fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to broil. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Wisk in flour; cook for 1 minute.
Gradually whisk in milk; cook, wisking constantly, until thickened, about 6 minutes. Remove
from heat & wisk in 1 cup Swiss, Cheddar, salt, and pepper until melted.
3. Place bread in prepared pan, overlapping as needed to fit. Top with turkey, cheese sauce,
and remaining 1 cup Swiss; sprinkle with paprika.
4. Broil until cheese is melted & lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Top with bacon &
tomatoes. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately