FOR THE GRITS:
- 1/2 cup quick grits (for 4)
- 1/2 tbsp. Salted butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup shredded asiago cheese (or aged white cheddar)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground Black pepper
FOR THE SWISS CARD:
- 2 bunches swiss chard, washed, remove leaves from chard stems
- 2 1/2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 3 slabs of hickory bacon
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp. White vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
FOR THE SHRIMP:
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1-pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tbsp. Chopped garlic from jar
- 2 scallions, chopped (white and green parts separated)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
Makes: 4 Servings
1. Cook the grits according to package
2. Instructions. Remove grits from heat, stir in the butter, coconut milk and cheese. Season the grits with salt and pepper to taste, cover with lid until use.
3. While the grits cook. Remove the leaves from chard stems, cut stems into 2-inch pieces. Stack the leaves into a pile, then roll together into bundle and slice into ribbons.
4. Heat 1/2 tsp. Olive oil in a large skillet (swirl to coat) over medium-high heat. Add the bacon, cook until crisp. Place on paper towel lined plate to drain, then chop. Add the onion and rosemary to skillet, cook 3 minutes.
5. Add 1 tbsp. Olive oil and chard stems to skillet; saute about 3 minutes. Add leaves, cook for another 3-5 minutes or until greens are tender but crisp. Add to the greens the sriracha, vinegar, garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove swiss chard from the skillet and place on a plate.
6. Next heat the remaining olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add the red pepper, white part scallions, cook 1 minute. Pour in the shrimp, garlic and chopped bacon, cook for 4 minutes or until cooked through and opaque. Season shrimp with light salt and pepper to taste. Add in the lemon zest and chopped herbs, cook for 1 additional minute.
7. Bring it together: divide the grits
8. Among 4 plates; top with swiss chard
9. And shrimp. Garnish with reserved
10. Green scallions.