- 2 cups organic wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups oats, toasted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or sweetener
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice
Servings: Makes About 12 Bars Servings
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In medium bowl add the flour, toasted oats, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
3. In your stand mixer (or handheld) with paddle attachment, cream the butter and the sugar until they’re fluffy, about 5–8 minutes at medium speed.
4. In the meantime, in a separate bowl, mash the bananas with honey, add the rest of the fruit to combine. Add the flour slowly to the sugar-butter mixture. Mix on low.
5. Then add the orange juice and zest. Mix briefly, just until everything is incorporated.
6. Gently fold in fruits using spatula. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with vegetable spray and spread dough evenly.
7. Bake 25–30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.