Yield: 3 dozen cookies (36 servings)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in egg; add rum and vanilla extract and mix until fully blended.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; whisk to blend.
4. Alternately, add dry ingredients and buttermilk to batter and mix until blended.
5. Fold the chopped nuts and fruit into batter by hand. Chill dough 10 minutes.
6. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons or with a small ice cream scoop, about 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets lined with baking paper.
7. Bake each cookie sheet for 8 to 9 minutes, until lightly golden.