BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN INGREDIENTS:
- 4 ea. Lg. Chicken thighs, boneless & skinless, slightly pounded
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbl. Crystal hot sauce
CHICKEN DREDGE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 tbl. Lemon pepper
- 1 tbl. Granulated garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Old bay seasoning
- ½ tsp. Crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. Dried oregano
- 2 cups masa harina flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne pepper
- Micro greens
- Roasted pepper (red, piquillo)
SOUTHERN STYLE POTATO SALAD INGREDIENTS:
- 3 ½ lbs. Red bliss potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 2 ½ cups mayonnaise
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 7 ea. Hard boiled eggs, crumbled
- ¼ cup bacon bits, cooked crispy
- 1 cup green onion, minced
- 1 cup red onion, small diced
- ¼ cup chives, minced
BBQ SYRUP INGREDIENTS:
- 1 ea. Jalapeno, stem removed, split & grilled
- 10 oz. Molasses
- 3 oz. Hoisin sauce
- 2 tbl. Dijon mustard
- 9 oz. Ketchup
- 4 oz. Apple cider vinegar
- 4 oz. Honey
- 2 tsp. Granulated garlic
- 2 tbl. Tamarind concentrate
BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN DIRECTIONS:
1. Mix together chicken, buttermilk and hot sauce.
CHICKEN DREDGE DIRECTIONS:
1. Soak chicken for minimum 1 hour mix it all together. Shake chicken of excess buttermilk mixture then dredge chicken.
2. In either a medium size pot or a cast iron pan heat canola oil to 350F. Carefully add chicken to the oil and cook for 10-12 minutes. When done season with s&p and serve.
SOUTHERN STYLE POTATO SALAD DIRECTIONS:
1. Place the potatoes in a large pot of water. Bring the water to a rolling boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife but not overcooked. Drain the potatoes well in a colander, then place potatoes in refrigerator to cool about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix mayonnaise, dijon mustard & red wine vinegar and set aside.
3. When the potatoes are cool, cut them in quarters or in half, depending on their size. Place the cut potatoes in a large bowl. Add the hard-boiled eggs, bacon bits, green onions, red onions & chives toss well and season with salt & pepper, cover, and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend. Serve cold or at room temperature.
BBQ SYRUP DIRECTIONS:
1. Add all the ingredients to a small pot and bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat strain through a fine sieve.