A healthy recipe from nutritionist, Joy Bauer that serves 12.
- 3 oz ( 6 tablespoons) light or reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 1/3 cup corn
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (paprika for less heat)
- 6 jalapenos, halved lengthwise (remove seeds and membranes)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup whole-grain flour
- 2/3 cup seasoned whole –grain bread crumbs
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
2) Mix the cream cheese, cheddar, scallion, corn, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
3) Spread 1 tablespoon of the mixture evenly into each pepper half.
4) Mix the egg whites in a small bowl. Bread each pepper by rolling it first in flour, then egg whites and finally bread crumbs.
5) Place the peppers, cut side up on a foil-lined baking sheet -Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden
Return to the Episode Guide >>
Check out more deilcious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page