Singer Lukas Graham is making a traditional Indian dish with a combination of delicious and fragrant spices.
- ½ cup red lentils
- ¼ cup green lentils
- ¼ cup Beluga lentils
- 1 tbsp light olive oil or butter/gee
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 whole head of garlic
- A thumb-sized piece of ginger, squashed and chopped
- A thumb-sized piece of turmeric, squashed and chopped
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp roasted and ground coriander seeds
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp ground Cardamom
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
Indian Lentil Dahl - Home & Family
1. Fry the onion and the garlic in the fat of your choice until golden brown.
2. Then add the spices & the ginger and turmeric, and salt & pepper.
3. When mixed well together, add the vegetables, then stir vigorously.
4. Before the mixture sticks to your cauldron, add the wine (2 or 3 cups) or 1 beer.
5. Add the vinegar. Pour in the lentils, then the vegetable broth.
6. Cook for 20/30 minutes on medium/low, add boiling water when needed.