- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 3 Tablespoons white miso
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar (or malt vinegar if that’s lying around)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 8-ounce can jumbo lump crab
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Olive oil
- 1 loaf miche bread or baguette, cut into 15 to 20 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Preheat the oven to 375 ̊F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With an immersion blender or a food processor, puree the tofu, miso, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, and pepper until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl and fold in the crab, sour cream, and chives.
- Pour 1/4 inch of oil into a shallow dish and soak the bread in the oil, coating both sides.
- Evenly heap 2 to 3 tablespoons of the crab mixture onto each slice of bread and lay the slices on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until a little browned. Serve hot.
From Better on Toast by Jill Donenfeld. Copyright © 2015 by Jill A. Donenfeld. Reprinted by permission of William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.
For more information on Jill Donenfeld, go to:
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.