Danielle Kartes shows you how to make a cheesy, melty, and delightful hot ham and brie sandwich.
Hot Ham and Brie Sandwich
BROWN MUSTARD MAYO SAUCE:
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 large 24 oz. French baguette, sliced into 4 sandwich rolls.
- 1 pound thinly sliced black forest ham
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 3/4 cup spicy brown mustard mayo sauce
- 8 quarter-inch slices of double creme brie.
Hot Ham and Brie Sandwich - Home & Family
- Mix the two ingredients well.
- Store well in the fridge up to two days.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Butterfly sandwich baguette rolls.
- Generously smear a few tablespoons of mustard mayo sauce on both sides of the bread.
- Add ¼ of the ham to each roll and lay 2 slices of thick-cut brie on top of the meat.
- Place in a cast-iron skillet or on a cookie sheet in the oven about 7 minutes or until bread and mayo sauce is golden and bubbly and cheese is soft and melted but still holding its shape. Remove from oven, place at least 4 thin slices of Granny Smith apple onto the sandwiches