Directions for Granola
1. Preheat the oven to 300˚F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the oats, almonds, cashews, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a separate medium bowl, combine the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and combine using a wooden spoon.
5. Stir in the dried cherries and shredded coconut, making sure the ingredients are well combined.
6. Spread the mixture over the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
7. Bake, turning the granola with a spatula every 8 to 10 minutes, for about 35 minutes, until the granola is golden brown and your kitchen smells of warm cinnamon and toasted coconut.
8. Remove the granola from the oven and let it cool before serving or storing. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Directions for the Spiced Nuts
1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, combine the cashews, walnuts, and almonds.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until they are just toasted, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the butter and whiskey and stir until the butter has completely melted and the nuts are coated, another 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Stir in the brown sugar and cook until it just starts to smoke, 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Cook, stirring the nuts to keep them from burning, until the brown sugar coats the nuts completely, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the rosemary.
7. Spread the nuts over the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the hot sauce and sprinkle with sea salt. Toss to combine and then spread the nuts into a single layer. Let them cool.
8. Either garnish with fresh rosemary and serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a month or the freezer for up to 3 months.