Ingredients for Dough
- 1C Butter
- 1/3 C whipping cream
- 2 C AP flour
- Granulated sugar for coating
Ingredients for Filling (3 different colors: soft red, soft green, chocolate)
- ¼ C Soft Butter
- ¾ C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- A few drops of red and/or green food coloring
- ¼ - ½ C Melted chocolate chips (optional for chocolate filling)
Directions To Make Cookie
1. Combine butter, cream and flour thoroughly. Chill 1 hour
2. Roll out dough 1/8 inch thick on a floured pastry cloth. Cut with a round 1 ½ inch cookie cutter.
3. Transfer cut circles to a wax paper sheet that is heavily coated with sugar. Turn each cookie disk to coat both sides. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes or until slightly puffy. Cool on racks.
Directions To Make Filling
1. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until well mixed.
(If desired, tint pink or soft green with food coloring. Or add melted chocolate for chocolate filling.)
2. Put the filling on one flat side of the cooled cookie and top with another flat side of cookie.
Decorate with a rosette in each color of filling.