Directions for Salad
1. In a large skillet, cook and stir sausage slices over medium heat about 5 minutes or until browned. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. For vinaigrette, in a small bowl combine cider vinegar, shallot, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil and beat until combined
3. In a large bowl, combine cooked sausage, Brussels sprouts, red onion, walnuts, and dried cranberries. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Gently toss.
4. Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 4 hours.
Directions for Cheddar Cheese Straws
1. Preheat oven to 375˚.
2. In a food processor, pulse dry ingredients until combined, then add shredded cheese and butter. Process until dough becomes smooth and has the texture of Play-Doh.
3. Shape the dough into a cylinder, wrap with plastic wrap or parchment and allow to rest for 20 minutes, or store in the fridge until ready to bake.
4. Bring dough to room temperature and pack it into a cookie press fitted with a star disl. Pipe long ribbons of dough across the baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, about an inch apart. Then cut into 6-inch lengths. Repeat with remaining dough. Dough may also be hand-rolled into long ropes and cut to size, or shaped into a cylinder and sliced into rounds and baked.
5. Bake for about 13 minutes, or until the edges just begin to brown. Store between sheets of parchment or waxed paper in an airtight container. Will keep for up to three weeks.