Ingredients for Nachos
- 1 pack of organic corn tortillas
- 1 pack of rice tortillas
- 2 (15. oz) cans of organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of whole olives (black or green), pitted and chopped into thirds
- 8 oz. block organic sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Cashew Cheese, recipe to follow
- 5-6 serrano chiles, sliced into thin rounds
- 1# fresh frozen organic peas
- 4-5 avocados, chopped into large chunks
- 2/3 cup Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 bunches cilantro, chopped, divided
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Lime juice
Ingredients for Cashew Cheese
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ of a Medjool date
- Salt to taste
Directions For the Nachos
1. Slice the tortillas into triangles. Place the corn tortillas onto one cookie sheet and the rice tortillas onto another. Sprinkle the tortillas lightly with olive oil and salt. Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
2. While the tortillas are baking, sauté the onions until translucent, about 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic and black beans. Cook until heated through. Roughly mash the beans and set aside.
3. Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a medium-sized pot. Add the frozen peas and return to a boil until peas are tender, about 3 – 4 minutes. Drain into a colander, cool and set aside.
4. Place the avocados into a large bowl. Add the cooled peas, lime juice, lemon juice, salt and cumin. Mash together until chunky and fold in 1 bunch of chopped cilantro.
Directions For the Cashew Cheese
1. Place the ingredients into a high-powered blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
2. On an oven-safe platter, arrange the corn chips on one side and the rice chips on the other. Do not mix.
3. Layer the black beans over both chips. Next, layer the avocado-pea dip over the beans.
4. Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese over the side with the corn chips and pop into the oven at 375°F for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
5. Once the platter is out of the oven, sprinkle the rice side of the chips with the Cashew Cheese.
6. Sprinkle the olives and serrano chiles over the entire dish. Serve.