- 2 avocados (halved )
- 2 large red bell peppers (seeds removed, halved)
- 3 medium zucchini [~7” long] (1/2 in Rounds)
- 2 large portabella mushrooms (Sliced)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (leave whole)
- 1 medium Butternut Squash ( 1 inch cubes)
- 2 medium/large red onions (Thick round slabs)
- 12-15 soft corn organic non GMO tortillas (Yellow & Blue)
- 3-4 limes
- sunflower/safflower/olive oil
- salt + pepper
- Olive Oil Mister
- 8-12 skewers, soak if using wood
- Taco Seasoning (recipe below)
- Avocado Crema (recipe below)
- Chimichurri or Superfood Salsa Verde (recipe below)
- Shredded Red Cabbage for topping
- Cilantro for topping
Ingredients for Taco Seasoning
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp Maldon
- Mix in bowl and set aside
Ingredients for Vegan Avocado Creama
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup vegenaise
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbs chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth
Ingredients for Chimichurri
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ¼ -1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbs hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil, drizzle that in as you pulse in food processor till mixed, but slightly chunky and desired consistency is achieved
Directions for Tacos
Skewer the zucchini through their green ends and not through the soft center. Skewer the tomatoes lengthwise. Skewer the mushrooms through the center.
Using a gas or charcoal grill, set up 2 heat areas for direct and indirect heat*
Peppers – Lightly oil. Grill for 4 minutes per side, turning 4 times, keeping the pepper on its side.
Zucchini – Lightly oil. Sprinkle on the spice mix below and the salt + pepper. Grill for 5-6 minutes, turning twice, flat side face down.
Onions – Lightly oil. Sprinkle on salt + pepper. Grill for 5-6 minutes per side, turning twice, flat side down. Flip with a spatula to keep the rings in tact.
Mushrooms – Lightly oil. Sprinkle on the spice mix below and salt + pepper. Grill for 3 minutes per side, turning twice.
Tomatoes – Lightly oil. Sprinkle on the spice mix below and salt + pepper. Grill for 3 minutes per side, turning twice.
Avocado – Lightly oil. Sprinkle with salt + pepper. Grill for 4 minutes, flat side down.
Butternut Squash- Toss in a tad bit more oil and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Cook over indirect heat directly on grill for approx. 20 min, then finish over direct to achieve nice char for another 10min.
Corn Tortillas – Towards the end of the veggie grilling, rub the corn tortillas with a light amount oil [on both sides], a few squeezes of lime juice, and a sprinkle of salt. With your grill lid open, grill each side for nice grill marks, approx. 30 seconds each side…
Remove the veggies to a platter and let rest until cool enough to handle.