Ingredients for Pizza
- 1 14 oz. package premade pizza dough
- 1 cup semolina flour for dusting
Ingredients for Sauce
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Ingredients for Pizza Bar Toppings
- ½ bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ onion, thinly sliced
- 1 2.25 oz can sliced black olives
- 6 oz. pepperoni or calabrese, thinly sliced rounds
- 1 ½ cups crumbled Italian sausage, cooked
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ cup fresh basil, chiffonade
1. Dust a half sheet pan with semolina flour. Form the dough into a ball and allow to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a large bowl, combine the tomato sauce, tomato paste, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, ½ teaspoon of dried oregano, and red pepper flakes and mix well. Set aside.
3. Heat your grill on high heat.
4. Dust a pizza peel or wood cutting board generously with semolina flour. Shape the pizza dough by flattening the dough ball into a disc. Hold one edge of the disc with both hands and allow the dough to hang and stretch. Rotate the dough in your hands allowing the dough to stretch out evenly until you have a circle about 10 inches in diameter. Allow the dough to rest for five minutes. After the dough has rested, use your fingertips to press out the edges of the dough until you have a circle about 12-14 inches in diameter.
5. Using tongs, dip a tightly wadded paper towel in olive oil and run over the hot grill grates. Carefully slide the shaped dough from the peel or cutting board directly onto the preheated grill. Close the lid and allow to cook for 1 minute. Open the lid and cook for about 1-2 minutes or until the dough has browned slightly. Remove dough from the grill with browned side facing up. Add toppings as you like.
6. If using a gas grill, turn the heat down to medium. Put the pizza back on the grill and close the lid. Cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 2-3 minutes. If using a charcoal grill, check the pizza after 1 minute. Move the pizza to a section with lower heat if necessary and allow to cook for another minute or until the cheese is melted. Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing and eating.