Directions for Lamb Chops
1. Combine the garlic, rosemary, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Combine until thoroughly mixed.
2. Pour in olive oil and mix into a paste.
3. Rub the paste on both sides of the lamb chops and let them marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator and allow the chops to come to room temperature; it will take about 20 minutes.
4. Heat a grill pan over high heat until almost smoking, add the chops and sear for about 2 minutes. Flip the chops over and cook for another 3 minutes for medium-rare and 3 1/2 minutes for medium.
5. Serve the grilled lamb chops over the roasted eggplant, and top with tomato date harissa chutney and toasted pine nuts.
Directions for Roasted Eggplant
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
2. Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise, then cut each half into halves lengthwise. This will give you four pieces of long eggplant. Next score the flesh in a tic-tac-toe fashion. Place the eggplant onto the baking sheet with the skin side down. Brush each piece with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast in the preheated oven until softened and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sherry vinegar and chopped mint and cilantro. Serve hot or re-warm in oven.
Directions for Chutney
1. Heat the spice seeds in a dry pan until lightly toasted and aromatic, then lightly crush using a pestle and mortar.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the garlic, toasted spices, paprika, tomatoes and chillies. Cook over a low heat, stirring frequently, until the tomato flesh has cooked down to a pulp and the garlic is tender – this will take about 15 mins.
3. Remove from the heat, add the red wine vinegar, then blitz with a hand blender or pulse in a food processor to make a rough paste. Add water to get a chutney like consistency, season with salt and pepper, and hold in a container warm.