- 2/3 C White Wine
- 1 Shallot Brunoise
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Black Peppercorns
- 3 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Peel of 1 Lemon
- 1-2 Sticks Butter- cut into small piecesUnsalted (European style is my favorite) Salt to taste
1. Combine the white wine, shallot, bay leaf, black peppercorns, lemon peel
2. Bring to a simmer
3. Reduce by 2/3 (for the show you can add a 1/2 cup heavy cream and reduce by half. This will make it more stable and not break)
4. Slowly add the butter starting with one piece at a time. Once you have it started you can add butter faster.
5.Add lemon juice and salt to taste.
6.Strain the sauce
7. Remove from heat- keep warm but not hot.
Halibut 5-5.5 oz
1. Heat a pan.
2. Add neutral oil with high smoke point. (canola, grape seed etc)
3. Dry the halibut and season with salt and pepper
4. when the pan is smoking hot add the fish. Presentation side down in the oil
5. Place the whole pan in the oven.
6. Remove from oven
7. Remove the fish, pour out the oil, put the fish back in
8. throw whole thyme and sage in the pan with butter
9. baste the fish with the melted herb butter
10. set aside while composing the dish
1. season baby potatoes with salt pepper and oil, toss in the oven until tender but not mushy
2. Butter braise leeks- add butter to pan on low heat . Add leeks. cook until tender
3. Blanch peas and carrots.
4. If you can get morels- wash them well, butter braise like leeks.
1. Toss all the vegetables and mushrooms together in a pan to warm.
2. Place on the plate
3. Add Lemon Beurre Blanc to the Vegetables
4. Place the fish on top.
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page