- 4 4-to-6 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon juice, divided
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Pinch dried oregano
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced, divided
- 2 15 oz. cans Cannellini or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced (8 slices total)
- 8 green onions, ends trimmed to 6 inches
1. In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 Tbsp. of lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. Salt 1/4 tsp. pepper, red pepper flakes and pinch of dried oregano. Pour over chicken in ziplock bag and let marinate in refrigerator for 30-45 minutes.
2. In a medium saucepan add 1 clove of minced garlic to 2 tsp. Olive oil and cook for 30
seconds over medium heat. Add beans and stir, add chicken broth and bring to a boil: reduce
heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
3. For pesto, in a food processor combine basil, remaining olive oil, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, 2
cloves garlic, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, the pine nuts and Parmesan. Cover and process until
4. Remove chicken from marinade and grill on BBQ or grill pan on medium-high heat for
approx. 6 min. per side until done. Place green onions on grill and char slightly until tender.
5. To serve, remove bean mixture from heat and stir in 2 to 3 Tbsp. of pesto. Divide beans and
broth into 4 shallow bowls. Top with 2 slices of tomato, a portion of grilled chicken and green
6. Drizzle with additional olive oil and garnish with chopped Italian parsley. Add grilled crusty
bread for dipping.
Reserve remaining pesto for another use during the week like grilled shrimp pasta!
Get more from Michelle at Atableonthehill.com