DIRECTIONS FOR GNUDI
1) Combine ricotta, flour, egg and salt in a medium bowl and mix. Place mixture into piping bag or Ziploc bag with the corner snipped off (allow for the strips to be about ¾ of an inch wide).
2) Pipe long strips length of the cookie sheet dusted with semolina flour then go back with scissors and snip into 1 inch pieces. – they will resemble a marshmallow in look.
3) Sprinkle tops with semolina and gently roll each gnudi into a ball, then roll in additional semolina in a bowl.
4) Refrigerate for 4 hours on a well dusted tray or cookie sheet and flip them over halfway through. Gnudi will hold in the refrigerator up to two days covered.
5) Cook in boiling and heavily salted water for 2-3 minutes (do not overcook) until they float and then take them out.
DIRECTIONS FOR FRESH TOMATO CHECCA
1) Put olive oil in the pan and add minced garlic, the fresh tomatoes.
2) Sautee on medium heat for 3-5 minutes and tomatoes start to release their juice. add fresh basil and salt & pepper.
3) Pour over the Gnudi in a dish and top with fresh grated parmesan cheese
1) A lot of flavor comes from the quality of ricotta, I recommend picking one up at your local specialty market and make sure that it is smooth in consistency.
2) You can always blitz it in the food processor if it is a bit chunky.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page