Directions for Mojito Mocktail
1. To the bottom of the glass, add whole mint leaves, grapefruit sections and lime juice.
2. Use a muddler to gently crush ingredients. You’ll need just about four to five turns, or until you start to smell a minty scent.
3. Add the crushed ice and Grapefruit Sparkling Water.
4. Stir and enjoy.
Directions for Gazpacho
1. In a food processor or blender, purée the onion, cucumber, bell pepper, garlic, and 1 cup of the tomato juice.
2. Transfer to a large bowl and add the remaining 3 cups tomato juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and red pepper. Prepare the gazpacho a day in advance and refrigerate. Serve chilled.
3. Garnish each serving with a dollop or swirl of sour cream and additional chopped onion, cucumber, and pepper.
4. Serve w/ flax pita triangle.
Directions for Flax Pita Triangle
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets (or 1 large) with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, egg white, oil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, baking powder and 2 tablespoons water. Be sure to mash any small clumps of seasoning or baking soda. Add the flaxseeds and combine until smooth.
3. Add 4 even piles (or 2 piles if you’re making larger pitas) of batter on the baking sheets, and using a spatula, butter knife, or the back of a spoon, spread each pile into 5-inch circles with a little space in between so they do not bake together. Make sure the mixture is spread in an even layer. Sprinkle some optional salt over the tops.
4. Bake for 8 minutes on the lower rack of the oven. Carefully flip the pitas and bake for an additional 4 minutes or until desired crispness (4 minutes will result in softer pitas and 5-plus minutes will be toastier). Allow the pitas to cool slightly and then slice each round into 4 wedges. Serve with hummus or dip of your choice. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 2 months.