1) This is best cooked in a cast iron Skillet.
2) Add the oil to the pan and heat on a gentle heat until a piece of shallot sizzles when you drop it in.
3) Add the shallots and cook for two minutes on a gentle heat.
4) Add the red pepper flakes and the garlic. Cook for two minutes, being careful to make sure the garlic does not burn.
5) Once the garlic is golden, add the salt, pepper, the paprika and the saffron. Cook for a further minute.
6) Add the shrimp, I place these down in a clock face fashion so I can judge when to turn them
7) Turn up the heat to medium and cook until the shrimp begin to turn pink.
8) Sprinkle all the chopped parsley over the dish
9) Squeeze the juice of the half a lemon over the dish.
10) Serve immediately with LOTS of bread to mop up the hot juices.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page