- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 pounds kale cleaned, trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 5 strips cooked bacon broken up into bite-sized pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Freshly fried salty tortilla chips for serving
Recipe by Gaby Dalkin
1. In a large pan, heat oil over medium. Add onion and sauté until lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes; add the garlic in the last 30 seconds and stir to combine.
2. Add kale and cook until completely wilted, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a colander; drain, pressing to release all excess liquid.
3. In the same pan, warm milk over high heat. Whisk in cream cheese until melted, about 3 minutes. Add kale, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and the mozzarella; stir to combine. Stir in the bacon and season with salt and pepper. Simmer over medium low heat for 10 minutes. Top with the parmesan cheese and bake at 425 for 10 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips.