Recipe Courtesy Jamie Dement, from her book “The Farmhouse Chef: Recipes and Stories from My Carolina Farm
For the Pesto:
1. In a food processor, combine the pecans, garlic, arugula, cheese, and 1 teaspoon salt and pulse to blend.
2. With the machine running, pour in the olive oil through the food tube in a slow, steady stream and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
3. Taste and adjust salt as needed.
For the Pork Chops:
1. Mix flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
2. Whisk eggs and milk together in another shallow dish.
3. Dip pork in milk/egg mix then dredge in flour.
4. Heat canola oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat and cook chops for 5 minutes on each side — until breading is golden brown.
5. When breading is brown, turn chop over in pan one last time and smear chop with pesto and let cook for one more minute to melt pesto.