- 2.5 lb ground beef (20% fat)
- 2 c onions
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 t smoked salt
- 1 t pepper
- 1 t fresh thyme
- 1 t fresh sage
- 1 t tomato paste
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2x eggs
- 2.5 t worcestershire
- Bbq sauce to cover meatloaf
- Mix together in a big bowl: ground beef, onions, celery, carrots, cloves, smoked salt, pepper, fresh thyme, fresh sage, tomato paste, bread crumbs, eggs, worcestershire sauce, and bbq sauce to cover the meatloaf.
- Have vegetables cut up for the embellishments: onion pieces for toe nails, onion slices for ankle bones, and a little bit of ketchup for blood.
- Shape them into feet.
- Set aside some of the meat to make sausage shapes for the toes (big to small) and the ankles.
- Make a rectangle and then kind of round the shape of the foot. If you want blocky feet, use your loaf pan to form the shape.
- Then, make tube shapes for the ankles. You could pack the ground beef into an oiled can and slide it out if you want tight ankles.
- Then embellesh the feet with onion toenails and an onion ankle bone.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for an hour.
- Serve on a bed of mashed potatoes.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.