- 9-10 lb prime standing beef roast
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh thyme
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
1) Preheat oven to 500°.
2) Arrange roast on a rack in a roasting pan, fatty side up.
3) In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme and garlic.
4) Rub the mixture all over the prime rib to evenly coat.
5) Bake the roast for 25 minutes at 500°, then lower oven to 325°.
6) Continue to cook the roast at 325° for additional hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°.
8) Allow the beef to rest for at least 15 minutes, before transferring roast to a carving board.
9) Remove the roasting rack as well.
10) Place the roasting pan on the stovetop, over medium-high heat.
11) Add butter to the pan juices and whisk to melt and incorporate.
12) Add flour to the melted butter to make a roux, whisking to combine.
13) Add white wine, continuing to whisk until a slightly thickened sauce is formed.
14) Remove from heat and pour the sauce into a serving pitcher or gravy boat.
15) Cut the prime rib into desired slices and place on a platter.
16) Pour sauce over the meat to serve.
17) For remaining meat, cut into manageable portions and freeze for later use.
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page