Chef, host and author of “Tasting Grace” Melissa D’Arabian shows you how to make the most of summer veggies with this hearty and tasty dish!
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more as needed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small eggplant, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 pepper (red, green, or yellow), chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3 or 4 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- Splash red wine vinegar
Summer Slow-Down Ratatouille - Home & Family
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan or Dutch oven.
2. Cook the vegetables one at a time (separately) for 5 to 7 minutes, adding a little more oil as needed and seasoning with salt, in the following order: eggplant, zucchini, pepper, onion, and tomatoes.
3. Combine all of the cooked vegetables together in the pan, add the garlic, thyme, and basil and let simmer gently for 20 minutes.
4. Add a splash of red wine vinegar, season with salt and pepper, and then turn off the heat.
5. Serve hot, warm, or cold.