1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan or Dutch oven.
2. Cook the vegetables one at a time (separately) for 5 to 7 minutes, adding a little more oil as needed and seasoning with salt, in the following order: eggplant, zucchini, pepper, onion, and tomatoes.
3. Combine all of the cooked vegetables together in the pan, add the garlic, thyme, and basil and let simmer gently for 20 minutes.
4. Add a splash of red wine vinegar, season with salt and pepper, and then turn off the heat.
5. Serve hot, warm, or cold.