Ingredients for the Avocado Hollandaise Sauce
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (~1 lemon)
- salt to taste
Ingredients for the Eggs Benedict
- 4 slices bread or 2 english muffins, lightly toasted
- 4 tablespoons harissa (optional)
- 8 strips bacon
- 4 eggs, cracked
- cayenne to taste
Ingredients for Poached Eggs
- 4 organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Approximately 2 to 2 ½ cups of water
STEPS FOR THE HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
1) Puree the avocado, lemon juice and salt in a food processor or blender until smooth adding enough water to give it a thick sauce like consistency.
STEPS FOR THE EGGS BENEDICT
1) Cook the bacon and set aside on paper towels to drain.
2) Perfectly Poached Eggs
- Break the eggs into a custard cup first and not directly into the boiling water.
- Poach in a deep saute pan containing at least 3 inches of water and add vinegar to the water. This will help the egg whites to congeal. If you see that the yolks are peeking up over the water and you can’t add anymore without it overflowing, use a large spoon to gently drizzle water over the top to help cook the tops.
- I only do 4 at a time to keep everything under control.
- Bring the water to a gentle boil, adding eggs one at a time quickly. No need to swirl the water. Start your time from the first egg you poured in, time 3 minutes per egg. I like for the whites to be solid and the yolk creamy runny, not liquid. Always remove eggs with a slotted spoon and gently place on a paper towel to absorb excess water. Poached eggs can be refrigerated in ice water for up to 8 hours, then reheated in hot water. Do not re-boil.
- Spread the harissa on the toast, top with the bacon, poached eggs, avocado hollandaise sauce and a dash of cayenne.
Get more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
Purchase Harissa at Entube.LA