Shirley Bovshow is showing you how easy it is to pickle your own okra.
- 3 lbs Okra, cut ends off
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed slightly
- 6 cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 3 TB sea salt
- 3 TB sugar (or more to taste)
- 4 TB pickling spices
- Optional: for spicy add cayenne
1. Prepare veggies and garlic.
Add veggies to jars.
2. Combine brine ingredients.
Bring to boil.
Pour into jars of okra.
3. Place in fridge.
Let sit at least 24 hours.
Keeps in fridge at least 2 weeks.
Get more information about this episode >>