Ingredients for Fries
- 4 russet potatoes, washed
- 4 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Ingredients for Dipping Sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
Directions for Fries
1. Slice the potatoes into 1/4-inch thick sticks and put in a bowl of cold water.
2. Rinse the sliced potatoes in cold water then place back into a bowl of cold water.
3. Refrigerate for 2 hours or as long as overnight.
4. Heat the canola oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat to 345 degrees F. 5. Remove the potatoes from water to a sheet tray lined with paper towels and pat dry.
6. Working in 2 batches, fry the potatoes for 5 minutes, then remove them to a sheet tray lined with paper towels.
7. Let cool to room temperature.
8. Raise the heat of the oil to 360 degrees F.
9. Fry the potatoes a second time, in 2 batches, until golden brown and crispy, about 3 minutes.
10. Remove to a sheet tray lined with paper towels.
In a small bowl combine the salt, pepper, and paprika. Transfer the fries to a serving bowl,
sprinkle with the salt mixture and serve.
Directions for Dipping Sauce
1. Mix together, dip and enjoy