A delicious and traditional recipe from legendary country singer, Dolly Parton.
- 2 quarts chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (14 ½ ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 small head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound turnips, peeled and diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 smoked ham hock
- 1 very clean stone (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
Dolly Parton's Stone Soup - Home & Family
Combine the stock, potatoes, tomatoes, cabbage, turnips, carrots, onion, garlic, and ham hock in a large soup pot. Add the stone, if using. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the soup is thick and the vegetables are fork-tender, about 2 hours. Remove the ham hock from the soup, remove the meat from the bone, and chop it into ½ inch pieces. Add the meat back to the soup. Season to taste with the salt and pepper. Serve piping hot.
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page