Ingredients for Apple Chips:
- 3 to 4 crisp, ripe organic apples
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener of your choice (optional)
- 1 bowl with lemon juice to prevent browning of apple
Ingredients for Kale Chips
- 1 large bunch of dino kale
- Soy sauce or tamari sauce
Directions for Dehydrated Apple Chips:
- Slice off the top, stem side, of the apple and then slice the apple into thin rounds, somewhere between 1/8″ to 1/4″ thick. A mandoline slicer works best so they are all the same thickness. Remove the seeds or the whole core. Peel can be left on or taken off.
- Toss the sliced apples with cinnamon and sugar (optional) and arrange in a single layer in your dehydrator or onto a parchment paper-lined baking pan.
- Dehydrator: Turn the dehydrator to 135ºF. Allow the apples to dehydrate for 6 to 8 hours or until they are dried and as crisp as you want them to be.
Directions for Kale Chips:
- Preparation: Rinse the kale and spin dry. Remove the stems and tear into bite size pieces.
- Let the kale air out as much as possible before coating. Spray the soy sauce on the kale leaves and make sure they are well coated.
- Place the kale on the dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate at 140 degrees for two and half hours or until crispy.
Note that not all nutritional yeast is vegan, so READ the label! Bragg's is vegan and I love the flavor it offers.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.