Ingredients (serves 4 to 6)
- 3 medium flour tortillas, each cut into 16 wedges
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 ears corn, kernels scraped from cob
- 1 pound chuck
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice from 2 limes
- ¾ Cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- ¼ Cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Cups iceberg lettuce, torn or chopped into 2-inch pieces (about ½ pound)
- 1 small avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into thin wedges
- Preheat oven 350°F. Spread tortilla wedges in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Bake about 10 minutes until crisp. Turning once.
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Warm 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add corn kernels; cook 3 minutes, stirring until slightly charred on both sides.
- Over medium heat, cook beef 6 minutes (until no longer pink) stirring often. Stir in charred corn, beans, salsa, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and ½ lime juice.
- In a small bowl, whisk yogurt or sour cream along with the remaining lime juice and cilantro, blend well
- In a large serving bowl, toss lettuce and avocado. Nestle beef mixture in center of salad.
- Drizzle with yogurt dressing
- Garnish servings with tortillas.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.