- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large head or 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons soft tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cauliflower florets and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the cauliflower begins to brown and soften, about 12 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and saute until softened, 1 minute. Add the roasted red pepper and saute for another few minutes, until heated through. Transfer to a blender or mini-chopper and blend. Add the tofu and some salt and pepper and puree until smooth.
- Add the puree and the red pepper flakes to the cauliflower and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds and cook another minute. Transfer the cauliflower to a serving dish and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Recipe courtesy of Daphne Brogdon
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.